Adventures in the Forest is designed to offer school-age children who spend the majority of the week indoors with a space for unstructured outdoor play, where they can interact with the natural world and practice mindfulness and yoga. The program encourages an appreciation and respect for nature, creativity and imagination. The evidence is abundant- studies prove that regular, unstructured outdoor play produces significant improvements in attention disorders and boosts physical and emotional well being. “Nature connectedness” is also linked to more pro-environmental attitudes and behaviors, cooperation, empathy, self-regulation and ultimately happiness.
RSVP required (below) to save your spot. Come ready to get messy and have fun!
About: Adventures in the Forest is an ongoing program offered on Saturdays at the Enchanted Forest in North Miami from 10:30a.m. to 12:00p.m.
- This is a parent and child program for families with children 4 to 10 years old and their younger siblings.
- Classes available in Packs of 8
- Families have 12 saturdays to use the 8 class pack.
- First time? Trial class only $10.00.
- Limited space available.
- Registration in advance is required – No Walk-ins.